Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Monday, January 01, 2007

Tempting


I just love this sweater. I saved it for the family get together on boxing day and not only felt good but felt comfortable as well. The pattern is from Knitty.com at www://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTtempting.html but I used RYC cashsoft aran which is just gorgeous to knit with and to wear. The gold ribbon matches up with the skirt I wore with the sweater at christmas. Even though the RYC yarn has exactly the same meterage as the Debbie Bliss yarn used in the original I needed an extra ball so had to ring the yarn shop up in a bit of a panic but they had just the one ball left. What a relief.

4 comments :

Donna said...

What a cute sweater, I wouldn't think of knitting something with short sleeves, I always think a sweater has to have long sleeves. Maybe I need to think again!

frenchmade said...

I love this sweater. It looks very sweet. I'm going to have to knit one now!! I love your blog, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I lovvvve this sweater and desparately want to knit my own but I can't find it on Knitty.com

Could you possibly send me the link? My emial is rubyfw99@hotmail.co.uk

Oh and my names Ruby, ha!
Thanks, x x x

TheKnittingBee said...

Your Tempting is lovely. I've been working on a Tempting since Summer 2005, but due to RSI I still haven't finished it! I'm on the home stretch now, maybe only 20-30 rounds left (so shouldn't take more than two months!).