Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Springtime projects

The sun is out
The sky is blue
There's not a cloud to spoil the view

and I want to knit something that makes me feel the same. Have spent two days searching through my patterns and have decided project one will be Frolic:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Knitted in Rowan 4 ply cotton on 3mm needles. I'm going to make a couple of adjustments to the pattern. I'm going to knit in the round and am not going to cast off so I can knit the stitches for the neckline instead of having to pick them up.

I have a pack of Rowan 4 ply in cooking apple which is a discontinued colour but I love it

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

which I'm going to knit most of Frolic in, but I'm going to work the first 4 rounds in cream and the rib neckband in cream aswell and possibly the sleeve cast on - we shall see. The neck might be a bit fiddly but we shall see when we get there.

I am impatiently waiting for the postman to bring me my set of Denise interchangeable circular needles that I have ordered in the special pink case but they haven't arrived yet.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When they do I can use them for Frolic.

I have had a bit of an internet splurge today and shall post photos when everything arrives.

Oh, Frolic is from Rowan book 29. Not one of my favorites initially, but have since knitted loads out of it. A grower,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For now

Ruby

No comments :