Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Paris in Springtime!

Admittedly a little bit of artistic licence with regards to Springtime but I'm happy to pretend it is, as tomorrow afternoon I set off for a few days in Paris. This makes me happier than I can possibly describe, especially as it is three days of haberdasheries, yarn stores, button shops, fabric emporiums, flea markets a little sightseeing, drinking hot chocolate with friends and l'aguille en fete, the major needlecraft event in the french calendar.



I've been invited over to visit the event, and have also been commissioned by The Knitter to write up a little piece about it too. I will also get the chance to spend some time with my lovely friend Helene Magnusson, otherwise known as the Icelandic Knitter, who is exhibiting at the show and also a former Paris resident.

One of the major reasons for going to Paris though is buttons. I haven't had a big button shop for some time and I have used up a lot of my collection recently. So the hunt is on. I'm looking forward to sharing the results of my foraging when I return.

I won't be able to tweet or reply to emails while I'm away as I'm turning off the roaming etc on my phone so if your blog comments don't show up for a couple of days please don't worry. They will as soon as I get back.

for now, au revoir
Ruby xx

3 comments :

Lauren Hairston said...

Exciting! Have a wonderful time!

petite poucette said...

We met each other in paris when you went on our shop (entree des fournisseurs). It was a wonderful meeting. Your book is a knitted fairytale for knitters like us.
thank you !!!!

Just call me Ruby said...

to petite poucette, Thank you for you kind comments about A Stitch in Time. It was lovely to meet you too - and your shop is beautiful. I will email properly on my return from a knitting show next week.